DiscoverMyRoute is a travel training program designed for people with an intellectual disability. Through in-class sessions and one-on-one route training, we help our students learn how to ride the TTC on their own!
Our program costs $850 and includes:
- Up to 16 hours of classroom sessions and all take home materials
- Up to 25 hours of one-on-one route training with a certified instructor
- Free access to the DiscoverMyRoute app
To be considered for the program, the applicant must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Want to learn how to travel alone in the community
- Commit to attending up to 16 hours of in class sessions (max six students per class)
- Commit to learning a new transit route with an instructor, working one-on-one for up to 25 hours
Interested applicants will need to attend a one-and-a-half-hour intake interview to see if they are a good match for the program.
This will include an assessment of the applicant’s current transit skills and a discussion with the applicant’s parent/caregiver about his or her support needs and personal goals.
Classes are in session now!
Apply at MyCommunityHub.ca.