The first part of the program takes place over 16 hours of in class sessions. With a maximum of six students, each class includes lots of visuals, videos, and fun role-play scenarios.
In the second part of the program, the student will learn how to take the route of their choice through one-on-one instruction on the TTC.
PART 1: Classes
- Lesson 1: Pedestrian Safety
- Lesson 2: Ride the Bus
- Lesson 3: Ride the Streetcar
- Lesson 4: Ride the Subway
- Lesson 5: Personal Safety
- Lesson 6: Trip Planning
- Lesson 7: A Trip from Start to Finish: Part 1
- Lesson 8: A Trip from Start to Finish: Part 2
PART 2: Route Training
- The student chooses a TTC route they would like to learn
- The student and a DiscoverMyRoute instructor take the TTC together to learn the route
- This process can take up to 25 hours and is conducted one-on-one