Route plan on-the-go with our new app!
LEARN HOW TO RIDE THE TTC
TORONTO TRAVEL TRAINING
Teaching people 18 years of age and older with an intellectual disability how to ride the TTC on their own.
DiscoverMyRoute is a travel training program designed for people with an intellectual disability. Through in-class sessions and one-on-one route training, we help our students learn how to ride the TTC on their own!
- Up to 16 hours of classroom sessions and all take home materials
- Up to 25 hours of one-on-one route training with a certified instructor
- Free access to the DiscoverMyRoute app
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Want to learn how to travel alone in the community
- Commit to attending up to 16 hours of in class sessions (max six students per class)
- Commit to learning a new transit route with an instructor, working one-on-one for up to 25 hours
Interested applicants will need to attend a one-and-a-half-hour intake interview to see if they are a good match for the program.
This will include an assessment of the applicant’s current transit skills and a discussion with the applicant’s parent/caregiver about his or her support needs and personal goals.